Our enrolment process
Our specialised programs are for students who are deaf or hard of hearing and students who are blind or have low vision. As spaces are limited, it is highly beneficial to apply to enrol as soon as possible.
Once an application is submitted it will be considered by the School Principal. Before an offer of enrolment is made, parents or carers are usually interviewed by the School Principal or a delegated staff member. The processes and decision of enrolment are determined by the school based on the School Enrolment Policy.
The following items must be submitted with your application:
- Your child’s birth certificate or identity documents
- Your child’s up-to-date immunisation certificate
- Photo identification of parents or carers.
Depending on your current circumstances, you may also need to provide the following:
- Your child’s most recent school reports and NAPLAN results (if your child is already in school)
- Copies of any Family Law or other relevant court orders, particularly Apprehended Violence Orders (AVOs) as they relate to your child (if applicable)
- Any relevant medical information including clinical/educational assessments relating to your child (if applicable)
- Your child’s current assessments or records related to exceptional abilities, disability or complex social or emotional needs (if applicable).
If your child is a permanent resident but not an Australian citizen, you will also need to provide:
- Your child’s passport or travel documents
- Your child’s current visa and previous visas (if applicable).
If your child is neither a permanent resident nor an Australian citizen, you will also need to provide:
- Your child’s passport or ImmiCard
- Your child’s current visa grant notice.
If your child is a temporary visa holder you will also need to provide:
- Evidence of the visa your child has applied for (if they hold a bridging visa).
Please do not purchase items such as uniforms until you receive an offer of enrolment from the school principal.
Do you want to know more?
Use the form below to get in touch with NextSense School. One of our team members will respond as soon as possible.