Customised for context
NextSense Institute can customise courses to focus on the specific needs and context of your school and/or workplace. Courses can be delivered where you are or at NextSense Institute. We can help build your staff's capacity to improve and enhance outcomes for children and adults who are deaf or hard of hearing or who are blind or have low vision.
— Rob, occupational health consultant
We searched high and low for a provider in Australia to train our employees in Occupational Vision Screening. The NextSense Institute in Sydney not only provided the training for our company, the content was delivered by world-class professionals at the top of their field. Thank you Sue and Trudy, the knowledge you imparted has allowed us to better cater for our clients' needs.
- visual development
- common eye conditions in children, including those that cause vision impairment
- a visit to the eye clinic
- understanding eye reports
- clinical versus functional vision reporting
- neurological vision impairment
- update on childhood vision impairment and the Australian Childhood Vision Impairment Register
- IMPlementing the IMP: The What, Why, Who, When and How of the Infant Monitor of Vocal Production
- classroom and workplace acoustics
- strategies for working with students who experience hearing loss
- individual planning
- disability discrimination and Disability Standards for Education
- reasonable adjustments to curriculum, pedagogy and assessment for students with hearing and/or vision loss
- curriculum access for students with complex needs
- hearing habilitation to support the development of listening and spoken language
- parent coaching techniques
- universal design for learning and differentiated instruction.
— Jess, audiologist
We were so blown away by the professional development package NextSense put together for our department. They tailored it to our requests and what we found most impressive was being able to take away so many useful ideas and practical activities from the sessions. Really motivating! The team was very helpful, friendly and professional. Would highly recommend.