- Course Code
- Start Date
- 16 July 2021
- 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
This two day course is delivered through 2 days of in-person learning and 7 online modules.
This course is intended to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to assist in supporting learners who are Blind or have Low Vision in the classroom environment. Participants in this program will:
- gain an understanding of blindness and low vision and the effect on learning
- engage in orientation and mobility activities and learn how to support students in, around and outside the classroom
- learn a range of strategies to support in-class learning
- engage in hands on activities with braille and braille devices
- learn skills and strategies to assist in the support of students who are Blind or have Low Vision across a range of learning environments.
This course involves attendance for two days of learning and engagement in an online course in between.
This event addresses the following Standards from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 1.1.2, 1.2.2, 1.3.2, 1.4.2, 1.5.2, 1.6.2, 2.6.2, 3.2.2, 3.3.2, 3.4.2, 3.6.2, 4.1.2, 4.4.2, 4.5.2, 5.1.2, 5.2.2, 5.3.2, 5.4.2, 6.2.2, 6.2.6, 6.3.2, 6.4.2, 7.4.2. It fits within the Priority Area of Children/ Student with Disabilities. This event is evidence and research based.
361-365 North Rocks Road