- Course Code
This package contains all 12 webinars and is a great introduction to Orientation and Mobility. It covers a large variety of topics and discusses the role of O&M specialists, tips and techniques, technology, students with multiple disabilities and lots more.
The following topics are covered:
- What is Orientation and Mobility (O&M)?
- Cognitive and concept development
- Sensorimotor development
- Orientation skills and techniques
- Introduction to mobility aids and techniques
- O&M in early childhood/transition to school
- O&M in primary school settings
- O&M in secondary school
- Utilising Assistive Technology in O&M
- O&M and low vision
- O&M for individuals with CVI/Additional Disabilities
- Facilitating O&M development
Duration of this webinar package: 6 hours
This event addresses the following Standards from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 1.1.2, 1.2.2, 1.3.2, 1.4.2, 1.5.2, 1.6.2, 2.6.2, 3.2.2, 3.3.2, 3.4.2, 3.6.2, 4.1.2, 4.4.2, 4.5.2, 5.1.2, 5.2.2, 5.3.2, 5.4.2, 6.2.2, 6.2.6, 6.3.2, 6.4.2, 7.4.2. It fits within the Priority Area of Children/ Student with Disabilities. This event is evidence and research based.