- Course Code
- 10 hours
This course will provide you with a variety of positive psychology tips, strategies and practical ideas to use when working with students who are at risk of developing mental health issues. The course will also provide ideas and strategies for you to avoid burn out and work overload. These recordings are captioned and have Auslan interpretation to support your access to the content.
Learning Objectives for Day 1:
- Identification of the issues faced by students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- Practical strategies to support students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing to develop resilience skills.
- Discussion on how to support students and parents.
- Self-care for professionals.
Learning Objectives for Day 2:
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the potential benefits of assessment as it pertains to mental health among DHH students
- Identify a minimum of three ‘red flags’ for social-emotional challenges in DHH youth
- Articulate rationale for making a referral for assessment for a DHH student about whom the professional has concerns
This event addresses the following Standards from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 1.1.2, 1.2.2, 1.3.2, 1.4.2, 1.5.2, 1.6.2, 2.6.2, 3.2.2, 3.3.2, 3.4.2, 3.6.2, 4.1.2, 4.4.2, 4.5.2, 5.1.2, 5.2.2, 5.3.2, 5.4.2, 6.2.2, 6.2.6, 6.3.2, 6.4.2, 7.4.2. It fits within the Priority Area of Children/ Student with Disabilities. This event is evidence and research based.