- Masterclass Series
- Course Code
Session 1: MED-EL
Presented by Erica Caiuby
This presentation will introduce you to the world of MED-EL, from our history of world firsts to our current innovations as leaders in hearing implant technology. Join us to learn more about our current portfolio and our tips and tricks for success with a MED-EL device.
- Recognise MED-EL’s current implant portfolio
- Identify core elements of MED-EL’s Triformance approach
- Employ MyMED-EL Portal to access key resources
Session 2: Oticon Medical: Supporting PontoTM Users to Achieve Their Best Outcomes
Presented by Stephanie Carrick
Ponto can provide paediatric and adult users with the hearing confidence they need to take part in school, work, and social situations. This presentation will provide hearing care professionals, teachers, parents, and educators an understanding of how they can support Ponto users to achieve their best outcomes. We’ll cover the latest outcomes evidence, how paediatric fitting tools can be tailored for each individual; practical advice on connectivity, troubleshooting, and Assistive Listening Devices; and useful support resources designed to empower Ponto users.
- Review the latest clinical outcomes for Ponto 5 SuperPower and Ponto 5 Mini.
- Describe the benefits of direct sound transmission and how this improves clinical outcomes
- Understand paediatric features available and how to tailor them to support Ponto users
- Learn how to support and fit FM, remote mic, and connectivity options for Ponto 5 users
Session 3: Maximising Hearing Outcomes With Cochlear Technology
Presented by Vidya Raghavan
The session will provide an overview of Cochlear’s portfolio with spotlights on the latest innovations in
• Bone conduction implant and processor: Osia 2
• Nucleus implants: Profile Plus CI632
• Nucleus Sound processor: Nucleus 8
• Connected Care: SmartNav and Remote Care
Session 1 has been endorsed from 16th March 2023 to 16th March 2024. The endorsement number is CPD2223 080 and the category and CPD points are as Category 1.2 - 1 CPD point.
Session 2 has been endorsed from 26th May 2023 to 26th May 2024. The endorsement number is CPD2223 088 and the category and CPD points are Category 1.2 - 1 CPD point.
Session 3 has been endorsed from 3 November 2023 to 3 November 2024. The endorsement number is CPD2324 019 and the category and CPD points are Category 1.2 - 1 CPD point.