The following applies to clients at the following centres:
- NextSense Australian Hearing Hub (Macquarie University)
- NextSense Gladesville
- NextSense Gosford
- NextSense Liverpool
- NextSense North Rocks
- NextSense Rouse Hill
- NextSense Strathfield
- NextSense Werrington
- NextSense Wollongong
For these locations some of our usual in-person, in-centre services will be delivered remotely—online via telepractice or phone.
Where services can’t be delivered effectively remotely, NextSense is permitted to deliver these in-person, in-centre—with additional safety measures.
All home visits and groups have ceased. Where possible, we’ll move these to be delivered remotely—online via telepractice or phone.
For NextSense School and NextSense Preschools—the current measures are due to finish before the start of term 3, so for now, there’s no change to these educational services. We’ll monitor this over the holidays and advise of any updates prior to the commencement of term 3.
Additional safety measures
The following measures apply to the above NextSense centres:
- Face masks are compulsory. This does not apply to children 12 years and younger however they are able to wear a face mask if they choose. As always, an exemption to wearing a face mask when communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing—and for that person themselves—still applies.
- A limit to the number of people allowed in rooms and waiting areas, abiding by the Government's 1 person per 4 square metre rule.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be available including hand sanitiser.
- NextSense staff will disinfectant clean between every appointment.
- We have implemented the Service NSW COVID safe QR check in system.