As an organisation, we continue to make decisions in accordance with State and Federal Government advice. Our number one concern is the wellbeing and safety of our staff, clients, and the broader community.
This update applies to the following NextSense centres:
- NextSense Australian Hearing Hub (Macquarie University)
- NextSense Gladesville
- NextSense Gosford
- NextSense Liverpool
- NextSense North Rocks
- NextSense Rouse Hill
- NextSense Strathfield
- NextSense Waverley
- NextSense Werrington
- NextSense Wollongong
Update to services
From 4pm today, 23 June 2021 for one week, the following applies for the above NextSense centres:
- Our in-person, in-centre services continue in a safe and effective manner at all NextSense centres around Australia.
- Our schools and preschools continue to operate as normal.
- Some external visits (into client homes, preschools and schools) and group programs have been temporarily ceased. For these clients, your NextSense clinician will be in touch if you’re impacted.
When attending any of the above NextSense centres:
- Face masks are compulsory at all times for all staff and clients at the above NextSense centres, irrespective of physical distancing. As always, an exemption to wearing a face mask when communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing—and for that person themselves—still applies.
- A limit to the number of people allowed in rooms and waiting areas, abiding by the Government’s 1 person per 4 square metre rule.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be available including hand sanitiser.
- Completion of pre-screening questions continues.
- Clients are urged not to attend appointments if they are unwell or have visited any identified hotspots.
Get in touch—we’re here to help
If needed, please contact your local centre.
From the team at NextSense, please keep safe.