Auslan Tutor 2 is a video-based Australian Sign Language (Auslan) teaching application developed by language and technology experts at NextSense that caters to all levels of proficiency. It is a new and greatly improved version of Auslan Tutor 1, which was designed to assist children, adults, families, students and teachers in learning Auslan.
Its key new features include:
- new signs
- the ability to keep track of signs you have learned or want to learn
- better searching mechanism (by hand shape)
- up-to-date key signs (COVID signs, specific behaviours, descriptive words, mathematics, etc)
- streaming capability (which will save the app taking up storage on your device)
- 180-degree videos to see a sign from multiple angles
- a ‘Sign of the Day’
- additional data about each sign (hand shape, type of movement, body location, etc).
Auslan Tutor 2 will be released shortly; if you’re interested in receiving updates about the app, please fill in the Expression of Interest form below.