- Course Code
“Literacy begins to develop at birth, it does not wait until a child reads his first word or even until he opens his first book. Literacy is a basic process, set in motion long before actual reading and writing takes place and it involves all of the child’s development.” (Stratton and Wright (1991))
This is a three part webinar that provides participants with the knowledge and skills on how to work with a young early braille user.
The following topics are covered:
- Know the learner
- Stages of reading development
- Braille literacy skills
- Differences between print and braille
- Braille literacy: Where to begin
- Braille literacy – What are we aiming for?
- Introducing braille reading
- Touch: Some consideration