As an organisation, we continue to make decisions in accordance with State and Federal Government advice. Our number one concern is the wellbeing and safety of our staff, clients, and the broader community.
Today, NSW has announced an extension of existing safety measures and some new measures that will come into effect from tonight.
Waverley Centre—temporary closure
In line with NSW stay-at-home orders across the Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick, and City of Sydney LGAs, we will be closing our Waverley Centre to any in-person services—from 11.59pm Friday 25 June 2021 until Friday 2 July 2021.
The NextSense team are working with our clients to arrange alternative modes of service delivery for those clients who may be impacted.
Update to services
This update applies to the following NextSense centres until 11.59pm Friday 2 July 2021:
- NextSense Australian Hearing Hub (Macquarie University)
- NextSense Gladesville
- NextSense Gosford
- NextSense Liverpool
- NextSense North Rocks
- NextSense Rouse Hill
- NextSense Strathfield
- NextSense Werrington
- NextSense Wollongong
The following will apply:
- Our in-person, in-centre services continue in a safe and effective manner at all NextSense centres around Australia, except for our Waverley centre (which will be temporarily closed from Friday 25 June 2021 until Friday 2 July 2021).
- Our schools and preschools will be on holidays from the end of today, so no impact on service delivery will occur.
- Some external visits (into client homes for example) and group programs have been temporarily ceased. For these clients, your NextSense clinician will be in touch if you’re impacted.
When attending any of the above NextSense centres
- Face masks are compulsory at all times for all staff and clients at the above NextSense centres, irrespective of physical distancing. As always, an exemption to wearing a face mask when communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing—and for that person themselves—still applies.
- A limit to the number of people allowed in rooms and waiting areas, abiding by the Government’s 1 person per 4 square metre rule.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be available including hand sanitiser.
- Completion of pre-screening questions continues.
- Clients are urged not to attend appointments if they are unwell or have visited any identified hotspots.
State Government guidelines
Each State across Australia has its own identified hotspots and travel restrictions. For any clients moving between the states, please be aware of the local State Government travel restrictions. This may impact our ability to provide in-person services to you. More detail can be found on each State Government website:
Get in touch—we’re here to help
If needed, please contact your local centre.
From the team at NextSense, please keep safe.